1 pack shirataki noodles
1 1/2 tbsp annatto powder
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, minced
4-6 pcs shrimp, peeled and deveined, set aside the heads
2 cups of water
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp fish sauce (or crab sauce)
1 tbsp dried small shrimps or “hibe”
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup almond flour
1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- Drain shirataki noodles from packaging and rinse. Boil for 2 minutes, drain fully and then, set aside.
- Blend the shrimp heads with 2 cups of water. Drain on a strainer and set juice aside.
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic, minced onion and dried shrimp in 2 tbsps. of cooking oil. Add the 4 (to 6) pcs of shrimp, cook until the entire mix is orange in color and then set aside. This will be the palabok topping.
- Mix the juiced shrimp heads, fish sauce, pepper and annatto powder. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the almond flour little by little while stirring constantly. Add the beaten eggs and stir until the sauce thickens further and is ready to serve.
- Pour your desired amount of sauce onto the cooked shirataki noodles. Garnish with minced spring onions, roasted garlic, ground chicharon, and shrimp.