1 cup broccoli
5 oz cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup celery
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt (or as needed)
1/2 tsp pepper (or as needed)
- Cut up broccoli into pieces, as small or as big as you'd like and then, set aside.
- Add butter, onion, celery, salt and pepper to a sauce pan and cook until onions and celery are translucent.
- Add broccoli and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until broccoli turn bright green.
- Add chicken broth and heavy whipping cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer and slowly add the cheese mixing.
- Once fully incorporated, add anthem gum and stir until the soup thickens.
- Serve warm and enjoy!